Bilum & Bilas is a PNG based social enterprise that supports female artisans develop a wider market for their crafts and improve their livelihoods. Focussing on developing beautiful, meaningful and versatile pieces for the contemporary woman, whilst retaining the traditional weaving techniques and natural fibres used in bilum.
Meaning: A bilum is an iconic Papua New Guinean string bag holding deep cultural and emotional significance. Bilas is decoration and adornment used throughout Papua New Guinea to celebrate diversity and express ones culture.
Materials: This range uses two heritage fibres; the rappa and mungus plants. Bilum & Bilas cultivate, harvest and hand process their own eco-friendly plant fibres to make the bilum strings used in designs. This bilum string is then woven using customary looping techniques to create the unique components within the designs, before being combined with precious and semi-precious metals to create the final pieces.
Size & Design Notes:
- One Size
- Gold plated raw brass warped disc stud measuring 12mm featuring a drop of three handwoven bilum fibre discs.
- Sterling Silver ear post.
- Each piece is handmade to order, so measurements are approximate.
- Fibres in your piece may naturally change colour with wear. Avoid getting your piece wet, or exposing to moisture, make-up, lotions or perfumes as damage may occur.
- Your piece comes in a soft Bilum & Bilas pouch with care instructions to keep it looking its best.
For more information on Bilum & Bilus please Email us or call on (02) 9368 1423
Good Day Girl Sizing
Our limited edition clothing is made to order in women's standard sizes 6 - 18. Alexia and Sophie are on hand to discuss your sizing needs - we can even measure your size against the style you like! Contact us on 02-9368 1423 or email@example.com
The following measurements are your body measurements.
AUSTRALIAN 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 BUST
Good Day Girl International Size Guide
For our international Good Day Girls, please refer to the following sizing conversions.
AUSTRALIA 8 10 12 14 16 FRANCE 36 38 40 42 44 ITALY 40 42 44 46 48 JAPAN 7 9 11 13 15 UK 8 10 12 14 16 USA 4 6 8 10 12
How To Measure
The secret here is to wrap the tape measure around not too tight and not too loose.
- Bust - place the tape measure under your arms, and bring both ends to the front. Position the tape measure on the back across the shoulder blades and on the fullest part of the chest.
- Low Waist - Use the tape to circle your waist just below your belly button. Keep relaxed - not sucking in the tummy!
- Hip - This is the fullest area of the bottom at the top of the leg, place the tape measure around your bottom and bring to the front.